Thursday, April 5, 2012

The Value of Assessment

The April/May issue of Science Scope includes a great article on Assessment in science. But that’s not what has me thinking about assessment.  I’m taking an online teaching class through the Powerful Learning Practice  http://plpnetwork.com/  . and let me say it’s been awesome learning, but this week I get to teach others about authentic assessment.  I have spent the week re-reading and learning all about the topic, one of my favorites.  I think the big reminder for me was how much assessment; especially authentic assessment is a part of the learning process.  So while you’re out there designing your higher level thinking assessments for your project based learning don’t forget that the assessment is really just another learning tool in your awesome teacher toolbox.  
and here are a few resources to keep you motivated:
Websites:
Free Resources and Tools for "Authentic" Assessment http://www.edutopia.org/stw-assessment-resources-downloads

No comments:

Post a Comment